Wareham Commons will be hosting a free family fun day to benefit the Special Olympics The Bravehart Awards is extraordinary event honoring everyday heroes, celebrating the 2012 Olympic Games and benefiting the Special Olympics on Saturday September 15th from 1-4pm at Wareham Crossing. Eunice Shriver, founder of the Special Olympics will be honored posthumously for her contributions to people with special needs. Activities for all levels of little Olympians with celebrity athletes hosting exciting sports stations. Special Olympics of Massachusetts will be a key partner in the event.
• Kids Fun Run & Torch Lighting with Olympic Gold Medalist, Joan Benoit Samuelsson and Special Olympians
• Celebrity Athletes – will talk about “no limits” in obtaining dreams and interact with guests through activities.
• Former Patriot Joe Andruzzi & Steve Nelson, Patriots Hall of Famer, hosting a Football Activity for Special Olympians
• Clear Large Piggy Banks throughout property – Believe In Your Dreams Collection with 100% of all Braveheart Awards proceeds collected donated to Special Olympics
• Center-wide merchant activities, sampling, and giveaways
• Free Kids activities
• Believe In Your Dreams art exhibit from local schools exhibited throughout the center
• Special Olympians eat free at Cosi Restaurant