Come to the Black Box Theater in Cotuit for some Christmas fun in December! We will be presenting Christmas Shorts, five merry little comedies by Matt Hoverman, directed by Melinda Gallant.
A celebrated Winner of the 2009 Samuel French Off Off Broadway Short Play Festival, playwright Matt Hoverman brings an evening of hilarious short holiday comedies to the stage. Christmas Shorts offers five original plays that humorously comment on holiday themes: family, the nativity, Xmas cards, and elves. An outstanding Christmas collection!
Christmas Shorts in the Black Box Theater
December 7-22, 2017
Thurs-Sat at 7:30pm; Sun at 1:00pm
Tickets $18, $15 for Members buy
4404 Falmouth Rd, Cotuit MA
Heritage Museums and Garden will sparkle with festive lights and decorations during the 2016 Christmas holiday season on Friday Saturday and Sunday nights 4:30-8:30 starting November 24th thru December 22nd and then again December 29-30th.
Gardens Aglow, a treasured holiday family tradition, transforms the grounds with more than twelve miles of holiday lights. Enjoy marshmallow-roasting, a reindeer scavenger hunt, visit with Santa Claus in the Model T, take carousel rides, holiday treats at Magnolia Café, and more.
Members and those with pre-purchased tickets will have easier entry to the event through dedicated admissions lines. Save time and buy online!
Among the features of this season’s Gardens Aglow:
- 12 miles of festive light displays
- A Reindeer Scavenger Hunt
- Santa Claus will meet families for pictures in Heritage’s vintage Model T
- Holiday-themed music and dance performances at 6:30pm nightly
- Marshmallow roasting at cozy outdoor fire pits
- Holiday food and drink at The Magnolia Café
- On Dec 1-3 and Dec 29-30 cuddly baby goats, micropigs, silkie chickens and chicks, bunnies, and more will be on hand for close-up encounters
- The Special Exhibit Gallery is transformed into the North Pole with Mrs. Claus, a giant gingerbread house and Currier and Ives winter scenes
- The “Heritage Holiday Express” model trains on two levels with replicas of The George Washington Bridge and the Cape Cod Railroad Bridge
- Families can contribute to a community mural on a giant LiteBrite
- Chip Koser of South Cape Ice Sculptures demonstrates ice carving on Saturdays
- The antique carousel will be decked with festive trimming
- The Hundred Acre School is open for visits- come see their famous Book Tree
*NEW* This year, a limited number of tickets will be available for a private Santa VIP experience on Saturdays and Sundays from Nov 25-Dec 17, available by advance sale only. From 3-4:30pm, families will be treated with exclusive private parking, story time with Santa, cookies and hot chocolate, time to meet Santa, and a carousel ride. Participating families may then experience the rest of the holiday delights around the grounds for the rest of the evening. Tickets are limited to 30 each night the experience is offered. Purchase your VIP tickets here!
The Cape Cod Canal Region Chamber of Commerce has scheduled another exciting year for the popular “Eastern Bank Concerts by the Canal” series. The 2017 concerts are held at Bourne Community Serues each Thursday evening during July and August from 6:30 p.m – 8:30 p.m., right along the banks of the Canal near the base of the Bourne Railroad Bridge.
If you want to look a beautiful lights and get into the Christmas mood you should visit the Enchanted Village at the Cape Codder resort in Hyannis MA.
Each night at dusk the courtyard at the Cape Codder Resort & Spa is illuminated by the glow of more than 100,000 Christmas lights. Topiary animals and snowmen greet visitors as they make their way past Santa’s Reindeer stall to Santa’s Village– all reminiscent of an old fashioned Enchanted Village. Musical Christmas trees keep the beat as children toast marshmallows by the bonfire. On Friday, Saturdays and Sunday evenings strolling carolers walk among the visitors, spreading holiday spirit through song while Santa Claus takes some time out of his busy schedule to hear children’s holiday wishes.
Friday, December 1, 2017 to Saturday, December 23, 2017
Welcome in the holiday season and celebrate with us at the Cape Codder!
We’re putting the warmth and sparkle back into the holidays with our Cape Cod Enchanted Village. Guests staying at the resort, as well as the Cape Cod Community, are treated to a magnificent display of lights, animation plus a special opportunity to help others!
Santa and Cape Cod Surftones Carolers: 5 – 8 pm; Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays; December 1 – 23
Light Display: December 1 – New Year’s Day
Holiday Concerts: Saturdays at 7pm; complimentary, the public is invited to share in the spirit
December 2: Regency Brass Ensemble
December 9: Cape Cod Surftones
December 16 & 23: Regency Brass Ensemble
In conjunction with this nostalgic display, we offer the “Enchanted Village Overnight Package”
Cape Codder Resort & Spa • 1225 Iyannough Road • Hyannis, MA 02601 •