Heritage Museums and Garden will sparkle with festive lights and decorations during the 2016 Christmas holiday season on Friday Saturday and Sunday nights 4:30-8:30 starting November 24th thru December 22nd and then again December 29-30th.
Gardens Aglow, a treasured holiday family tradition, transforms the grounds with more than twelve miles of holiday lights. Enjoy marshmallow-roasting, a reindeer scavenger hunt, visit with Santa Claus in the Model T, take carousel rides, holiday treats at Magnolia Café, and more.
Members and those with pre-purchased tickets will have easier entry to the event through dedicated admissions lines. Save time and buy online!
Among the features of this season’s Gardens Aglow:
- 12 miles of festive light displays
- A Reindeer Scavenger Hunt
- Santa Claus will meet families for pictures in Heritage’s vintage Model T
- Holiday-themed music and dance performances at 6:30pm nightly
- Marshmallow roasting at cozy outdoor fire pits
- Holiday food and drink at The Magnolia Café
- On Dec 1-3 and Dec 29-30 cuddly baby goats, micropigs, silkie chickens and chicks, bunnies, and more will be on hand for close-up encounters
- The Special Exhibit Gallery is transformed into the North Pole with Mrs. Claus, a giant gingerbread house and Currier and Ives winter scenes
- The “Heritage Holiday Express” model trains on two levels with replicas of The George Washington Bridge and the Cape Cod Railroad Bridge
- Families can contribute to a community mural on a giant LiteBrite
- Chip Koser of South Cape Ice Sculptures demonstrates ice carving on Saturdays
- The antique carousel will be decked with festive trimming
- The Hundred Acre School is open for visits- come see their famous Book Tree
*NEW* This year, a limited number of tickets will be available for a private Santa VIP experience on Saturdays and Sundays from Nov 25-Dec 17, available by advance sale only. From 3-4:30pm, families will be treated with exclusive private parking, story time with Santa, cookies and hot chocolate, time to meet Santa, and a carousel ride. Participating families may then experience the rest of the holiday delights around the grounds for the rest of the evening. Tickets are limited to 30 each night the experience is offered. Purchase your VIP tickets here!